The Summer Festival series will kick off May 12 -14, 2017, with Saint Lucia Jazz, a celebration of Caribbean and international jazz music. Events will take place across the island with three major concerts taking place at Pigeon Island National Landmark. Jazz climaxes on Sunday, May 14 with Star-studded headliners include Grammy nominated singer and actress Vanessa Williams and multi talented Rachelle Ferrell. Confirmed headliners such as Rupert Lay, steel pannist Victor Provost and Malavoi, hailing from Martinique, will also take the stage.
In its first year The Saint Lucia Summer Festival will also feature:
- Roots & Soul (June 16-18): Dedicated to new trends in reggae, conscious hip-hop, Afropunk and R&B, this festival will also mark the launch of Saint Lucia Carnival.
- Saint Lucia Carnival (mid-June through mid-July): A variety of musical competitions lead up to the Parade of the Bands on July 17 and 18. Throughout, Lucian Carnival gives revelers the opportunity to fête throughout the island in true Caribbean fashion.
- Saint Lucia Food & Rum Festival (August 24-27): This gastronomic festival invites chefs, wine connoisseurs, rum fanatics and foodies from the Caribbean and around the globe. Inspired by Chefs Nina Compton and Doran Payne, the event will feature culinary demonstrations, rum and wine tastings, dining events and experiences, and musical performances.
- Country & Blues Festival (September 15 – 17): The festival will reflect the diversity and modernity of the genres of music that act as powerful storytellers of the past and draw strong parallels to Saint Lucian folk traditions.
- Arts & Heritage Festival (October): Building on Jounen Kwéyòl, this month-long festival will celebrate Saint Lucia’s cultural, ethnic and artistic heritage with a variety of performances, seminars, lectures, culinary experiences, street parties and art exhibitions.
Base yourself at East Winds and experience the festival in all it’s amazing colour.